Are you ready to say, “sell my house quickly?” If so, you already know that you have a lot of options. However, each option for selling your home comes with its own advantages, and not all of those options prioritize speed of sale. If you really need to say, “sell my house quickly,” then it’s important to consider how many steps you’ll have to take before you can actually walk away from that house and into another. Let’s consider your options below.
1) Saying “sell my house” to a traditional real estate agent
Here are the steps you’ll have to follow when you decide to say sell my house the traditional way—to a real estate agent:
- Step one: Clean up and start staging the home. You’ll want to start getting any personal belongings and clutter out even before you contact the real estate agent. If you don’t already have a new place to move into, that’s more than likely going to mean renting a storage unit and probably hosting a few garage sales.
- Step two: Contact your real estate agent. It may take you a couple tries to find one who seems compatible with your ambitions, but once you’ve found one, he or she will come and visit your home. The result: probably more suggestions about what belongings to remove and how to stage the areas, but you are likely going to get a list of repairs and renovations to follow through with so your agent can get as competitive an offer (and thus as high a commission) as possible from the potential buyers.
- Step three: Put that time, money, and elbow grease into completing those suggested renovations.
- Step four: Your real estate agent will get a profile of your house on their real estate pages so potential buyers will take notice.
- Step five: Stage and re-stage your home—and get out of it—for the viewings your real estate agent will set up. You’ll want to have the big renovations completed before this begins, otherwise the rush to complete and clean up after projects in the sometimes short notice before a home viewing can get a bit tense.
- Step six: Wait. It can take 6 to 12 months for a home to sell on the traditional market, even using a real estate agent. Remember that you still have to pay your mortgage, utilities, property taxes, etc. during this time.
- Step seven: You got an offer! Now you’ll need to do some negotiating—and probably complete a checklist of renovations, inspections, and other buyer requests.
- Step eight: Wait for the offer to go through. Your deal is still vulnerable to the bank denying your buyer’s financing.
- Step nine: Once the sale goes through, you’ll have to pay your real estate agent his or her commissions and fees, but then you are free to go!
2) Saying “sell my house” to a professional home buying company
Here are the steps you’ll have to take if you decide to say, “sell my house” to a professional home buying company:
- Step one: Decide it’s time to say, “sell my house.”
- Step two: Call a professional home buying company in your area for a quick consultation and get a competitive offer within 10 minutes over the phone.
- Step three: Walk away from your home AS IS in as few as seven days, cash in hand. No renovations, no staging, no finance contingencies, no real estate commissions and fees, and no wait time.
If you’re looking to “sell my house” in the fastest and simplest way possible, then the choice is clear. Call House Buyers of America today and you’ll already be more than halfway through the home selling process.